Mr. Coleman holds a B.S.E/ Secondary Education degree from Central State University. He brings over 15 years of teaching and supervisory experience to CPPA. Mr. Coleman has over 17 years of experience in the field of social services. He worked at Central Point Preparatory Academy as Dean of Students before becoming Principal. Mr. Coleman is passionate about impacting our children’s lives in a positive way and intends to bring that same passion as Principal to CPPA. He believes that building a strong and positive school culture will foster academic and social growth and development.
His vision at Central Point Preparatory Academy is to be committed to ensuring that the students have a clear and unimpeded path to learning.
During his free time, Mr. Coleman likes to spend time with friends and family, reading, and working out.
Ready to take the next step and join us?
Our annual re-enrollment process is now open for current families! Invitations have been sent via email to re-enroll using the method that is most convenient for your family (online at https://bit.ly/3wPVsCi, in-person, or paper form). Your early decision and response helps us plan effectively for the upcoming school year. Thank you again for being part of our school family!
Build a strong academic foundation from the start. Begin your education journey with us and save your student’s seat today!
Over the past week, we’ve been fielding questions from our community about the potential teacher strike at Columbus City Schools.
We want to confirm to our families that our school will not be affected by the strike. As a public charter school, we operate independently from public school districts.
We will begin the school year in-person as planned on Wednesday 8/24. For information about the new school year (calendar, supply lists, dress code, etc), visit our Parent Resources page.
We are a proud member of ACCEL Schools—a public charter school network serving thousands of PK-12 students throughout the United States. ACCEL was founded in 2012 by the early pioneers of online learning. Our leadership believes that all children, regardless of location or socio-economic background, deserve a quality education that prepares them to succeed in school and become productive global citizens.
ACCEL Schools Instructional Model provides:
- Aligned Academics meet or exceed state standards ensuring your child is on track for rigorous college and career opportunities.
- Certified, Licensed Teachers and a student-centered staff are united in executing our mission to make a difference in the life trajectory of each student.
- More Time on Task and double the instructional minutes for ELA and Math maximizes learning in your child’s school day.
- Short Cycle Assessments keep track of how students are progressing in the program, giving teachers ongoing feedback so they can tailor instruction to your student’s needs.
- Individualized Instruction driven by assessment data means we are familiar with the needs of each child and set students up for success in each course of study.
- State Testing Preparation reduces the anxiety often associated with high stakes tests, helping our teachers and students feel confident with the structure and methodology of state exams.
- Academic Support including education technology, interventional specialists, and instructional aides assist students during the school day. After school tutoring, summer school, and Saturday school programs extend support services beyond the traditional school day and year.
- Extracurricular Courses & Activities round out our educational offerings providing students social-emotional learning, athletics, arts, service learning & more.
Our teachers integrate fine and performing arts instruction into all subject areas to enrich the experience of learning and make instruction more memorable and relevant to each child. Lessons in art appreciation help students develop an understanding in form, style, and structure. Art projects and performances help students explore their individual creativity and expression.
We offer free breakfast and lunch to students through the National School Lunch Program (NSLP), a federally-assisted meal program that provides nutritionally balanced, USDA-compliant meals to students each school day.
For meeting the highest standards of education in ongoing third-party review.
Sentinels are strong guards, always watchful. At Central Point Prep, students will receive a strong academic foundation and develop a love for life-long learning. Our students will be proud, helpful participants in the Central Point community—looking to the future, and looking out for one another.